Having a primary thought to Study in Dubai gives immense pleasure and happiness considering the nation is blessed with great resources and amenities. You will have potential tax-free earnings after graduation that can help you to stay in the nation and ear your living in a handsome remuneration. There are several recognized Courses in Dubai including degree programs, diploma, certificate and professional development series. In Dubai, you can take studies through online, training agencies or with some top-notch academic institutions covering information technology, management, business, administration, economics, and more.
WHY TO CHOOSE DUBAI TO STUDY?
- Multi-culture – You will the opportunity to study 7 different cultures that constitutes the entire middle-east countries with each of them having their own unique cultures.
- Diverse Range of programs: In Dubai, you will have multiple options to select your desired program from the long list of courses to study.
- Life Changing Experience: Due to the flourishing economy and immense resources, the Universities in UAE offer a wholesome new experience.
- Career Options: While studying in UAE, you will have multiple options to joining internship programs that will create significant career opportunities in future.
- Low Crime Rate – Middle Eastern countries are known for strict law and order, and Dubai is no different wherein you will enjoy crime free, safe and secure environment.
- Vibrant Economy – As global leaders, UAE is as one of the fastest growing economies.
- Low Tuition fee and living costs – The cost of living in Dubai and fees are comparably less than the United Kingdom, the United States, European Countries etc.
- Employment after Study – You can have great opportunity for employment and tax-free earningswith the graduation or post graduation study in Dubai.
Education Model in DUBAI
Predominantly, education is mandatory for all Emiratis children who are aged 5 and above, including expat residents. Moreover, primary and secondary education is also free for every UAE national up to age of 18. The education system in UAE is a four-tier system:
- Primary Education is for the students ageing from 6 to 12. English is the primary language of instruction in most primary schools which makes it easy for all.
- Secondary education is for children age from 12 to 18
- Kindergarten education is for children from 4 to 5 years where they are taught various subjects like Arabic, English, Mathematics, Music, and Art.
Understanding the eligibility to Study in Dubai is very simple, all you need to do is score good marks in your previous academics and Language Proficiency Tests.
Eligibility for Undergraduate Study
- Primary requirement is have the minimum schooling of 12 years in your native country.
- Unlike other universities in Dubai, some universities such as Al Ghurair University, University of Wollongong and Middlesex University in Dubai, require a minimum percentage of 50% to 60% if you are a pass-out from CBSE or ISC board.
- Must appear for English proficiency tests such as IELTS or TOEFL, and your selection is considered for scrutiny upon obtaining a cut-off score.
Eligibility for Postgraduate Study
- It is important that a student should have an undergraduate degree recognised in both home country as well as Dubai.
- The branches of Foreign universities stationed in Dubai require qualifications equivalent to those present in their country. E.g. Murdoch University Dubai requires qualifications that meets the same academic standards as an Australian three-year bachelor degree.
- To succeed in admission procedure for programs other an MBA, bachelor’s degree and a valid TOEFL or IELTS score is a mandatory.
- If you aspire to get admission in an MBA program in Dubai, you must have a valid work experience of 2-4 years considering the choice of program and the university which you have applied.
- Generally, in a financial year there are three intakes in Dubai – January, July and September. The biggest intake falls on September.
- And, most of the programs and courses are available during the September term.
- Indian students have the benefit as they get final marks from Indian Education System around the month of June which can enable them to apply for September term smoothly.
Under the study requirement in Dubai, all students are required to appear for the Language Proficiency Examination and provide prophecy results such as:
- TOEFL (minimum score of PBT500/ 61 iBT).
- IELTS (Overall band 6.0) with atleast 5.5 in each component.
- For PG programs – a minimum of overall 6.5 is required.
- PTE- (minimum overall score of 51).
- For PG programs (a minimum overall score of 58)
There are certain exceptions for the minimum language score requirements which depends from university to university.