Study in Europe – Features, opportunities & much more
Do you wish to study in Europe? This continent offers a diverse range of overseas education opportunities coupled with well-established and world-class universities. European countries boast a well-deserved reputation for academic excellence, opportunities for working, living, and traveling accompanied by excellent living conditions with tremendous government support. With around 50 countries in total, Europe has the perfect backdrop for diverse academic choices, career options, affordable tuition fees, and diverse courses.
Why choose to study in Europe?
- Study Abroad Europe has a world-class education system offering master’s, bachelor’s, and doctoral study programs.
- Access to the European job market and the opportunity to establish themselves abroad. Another attractive feature is affordability compared to the US and other countries.
- Many colleges in Europe offer the opportunity to study in Europe without IELTS
- The colleges in Europe offer international students the chance to experience a life beyond studying as the curriculum is designed to develop the overall personality of the students.
- Students can explore Europe’s diverse cultures and languages in a welcoming environment with the help of experienced study in Europe consultants
- You can gain international experience, skills, and knowledge that are highly demanded and valued by employers worldwide
- Almost all academic institutions offer programs in the English language with affordable tuition fees.
- Countries like Germany, France, Denmark, Switzerland, and Italy are popular choices to study in Europe for Indian students
What are the Top Universities in Europe?
Germany – The country is known for providing free education and the world’s lowest tuition fees with renowned top universities in Europe. Below are the top universities in Germany:
- Technical University of Munich
- Ludwig-Maximilian University of Munich
- Heidelberg University
- Humboldt University of Berlin
- Karlsruhe Institute of Technology
France – With more than 43 universities ranked highly among the best universities in Europe, France is a popular destination for business schools, international relations, fashion, and arts. Top universities in France are:
- Université PSL (Paris Sciences et Lettres Research University)
- Sorbonne University
- Ecole Polytechnique (ParisTech)
- École Normale Supérieure de Lyon
Switzerland – The paradise of nature lovers and travelers, it equally offers incredible study opportunities coupled with accommodation, food, and a low crime rate. Here are the best universities in Switzerland:
- ETH Zurich
- EPFL Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Lausanne
- University of Zurich
- University of Geneva
- University of Bern
Italy – The country is the cultural cradle of art, traditions, and history. It has top colleges in Europe that offer excellent programs like Art, Architecture, Economics, Fashion, and MBA. Some of the best universities are:
- Polytechnic University of Milan
- Scuola Universitaria Superiore Pisa
- University of Bologna
- Sapienza University of Rome
- Scuola Normale Superiore
Ireland – With a high university ranking Europe, the country has academic excellence, welcoming people, top universities, unique courses, and post-study work opportunities. Here are the best universities in Ireland:
- Trinity College Dublin
- University College Dublin
- National College of Ireland
- University College Cork
- Dublin City University
Netherlands – With over 2,000 university programs with top universities in Europe, the Netherlands has a diverse, multicultural population, student-centered learning and teaching, government policies, and a one-year residence permit. Below are the best Universities:
- University of Amsterdam
- Delft University of Technology
- Eindhoven University of Technology
- University of Groningen
- Leiden University
Finland – It boasts high-quality education standards and academically focused institutions with a unique approach to learning. Below are the globally ranked universities in Finland:
- University of Helsinki
- Aalto University
Denmark – Another incredible option to study with the best universities in Europe, Denmark is internationally reputed for its innovation in Technology and Management. Below are the best Universities:
- University of Copenhagen
- Technical University of Denmark
Austria – Housing the top colleges in Europe, Austria offers a plethora of academic opportunities, stunning architecture, and a high standard of life to students around the globe. The major universities to study are:
- University of Vienna
- Vienna University of Technology
- Universität Innsbruck
- Graz University of Technology
- Johannes Kepler University Linz
Spain – The country is the mecca of international students in terms of quality academic programs and affordability. Some of the best universities are:
- University of Barcelona
- Universitat Autonóma de Barcelona
- Universidad Autónoma de Madrid
- University Complutense Madrid
- University of Navarra
What are the Top Courses in Europe?
The best courses in Europe range from a wide variety of domains such as academics, management, technology, finance, banking, engineering, medicine, fashion, and arts. The developed countries offer top courses in Europe wherein international students can attain a wholesome experience of studying abroad. Below is the list of the best course to study in Europe:
- Master of Business Administration
- Natural Sciences
- Culinary Arts
- Data Science
- International Relations
- Global Banking
- Foreign Languages
Moreover, there are some of the best MBA colleges in Europe that will help you gain knowledge in business management, operations, marketing & communications, and business development.
What are the career opportunities you can get in Europe?
Europe is the hotspot of job opportunities for skilled professionals, and most of the countries allow post-study work opportunities. The European Universities have the provision of campus recruitment or placement for International Students wherein they can easily find jobs in the renowned companies of the country. Below are the best career opportunities in Europe:
- Mechanical Engineers
- Electrical Engineers
- Social Workers
What is the Education Cost and other expenses in Europe?
The cost of studying in Europe is affordable as compared to other developed countries. However, different countries in Europe have a different range of costs of studying and living. Below is the detailed chart of expenses in Europe:
|Country||Average Cost of Studying||Average Cost of Living /year|
|Austria||EUR 720 (INR 60,000)||EUR 11,400 (INR 9.5 Lakh)|
|Belgium||EUR 4,175 (INR 3.46 Lakh)||EUR 11,400 (INR 9.5 Lakh)|
|Denmark||EUR 6,000 to 16,000 (INR 5 to 13.3 Lakh||EUR 14,400 (INR 12 Lakh)|
|Finland||EUR 4,000 to 18,000 INR 3.3 to 15 Lakh)||EUR 9,600 (INR 8 Lakh)|
|France||EUR 3,770 (INR 3.2 Lakh)||EUR 9,900 (INR 8.2 Lakh)|
|Germany||EUR 3,000 (INR 3.5 Lakh)||EUR 10,200 (INR 8.5 Lakh)|
|Ireland||EUR 9,750 (INR 8.1 Lakh)||EUR 12,000 (INR 10 Lakh)|
|Italy||EUR 950 to 4000 (INR 80,000 to 3.31 Lakh)||EUR 12,000 (INR 10 Lakh)|
|Netherlands||EUR 6,000 to 15,000 (INR 5 to 12.5 lakh)||EUR 9,600 to 13,200 (INR 8 to 11 Lakh)|
|Norway||Free (Except for certain programs)||EUR 14,613 (INR 12.01 Lakh)|
|Russia||EUR 1300 to 4,130 (INR 1.1 to 3.42 Lakh)||EUR 2630 (INR 2.18 Lakh)|
|Spain||EUR 750 to 4,320 (INR 62,100 to 3.6 Lakh)||EUR 10,800 to 13,200 (INR 9 Lakh to 11 Lakh)|
|Sweden||EUR 7,761 to 18,433 (INR 6.5 to 15 Lakh)||EUR 9,313 (INR 7.71 Lakh)|
|Switzerland||EUR 792 to 1218 (INR 66,000 to 1.1 Lakh)||EUR 22,373 (INR 18.6 Lakh)|
The table mentioned above explains the European university fees and cost of living in detail, which will help you plan your journey accordingly.
What are the best Scholarships in Europe?
There is abundant scholarship in Europe for International Students who can avail these exclusive benefits. Below are the best study in Europe scholarships:
- The Friedrich Ebert Stiftung Scholarship (Germany)
- DAAD Scholarships (Germany)
- Swedish Institute Study Scholarships (Sweden)
- Switzerland Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships for Foreign Scholars and Artists (Switzerland)
- Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung Scholarships (Germany)
- VLIR-UOS Scholarship Awards (Belgium)
- Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships for Foreign Students (Switzerland)
- Eiffel Excellence Scholarship Programme (France)
- Danish Government Scholarships for Non-EU/EEA Students (Denmark)
- Italian Government Bursaries for Foreign Students (Italy)
- ETH Zurich Excellence Masters Scholarship Program (Switzerland)
- Amsterdam Merit Scholarships for Excellent International Students (Netherlands)
- Orange Tulip Scholarship Programme (Netherlands)
- Dublin Institute of Technology (DIT) Centenary Scholarship Programme (Ireland)
- Government of Ireland International Education Scholarships (Ireland)
- NUI Galway International Student Scholarships (Ireland)
- Bocconi Scholarships in Italy for International Students (Italy)
- Foundation Rainbow Bridge MBA Scholarships for African and Asian Women (France)
- Emile Boutmy Scholarships in France for International Students (France)
- University of Bologna Study Grants for International Students (Italy)
- Künstlerhaus Büchsenhausen Five-Month Fellowship for International Students in Austria (Austria)
- Eiffel Scholarships in France for International Students (France)
- OFID funding for International Students in Austria (Austria)
What is the Application Procedure to get Europe Student Visa?
Below is the step-by-step application process for Europe Student Visa:
- Step 1 – Acquire a letter of acceptance from the European Univerisity
- Prepare a detailed statement of purpose
- Identify the European University and understand the requirements
- Fulfill the application process for a Letter of Acceptance from the University
- Step 2 – Prepare and collect all the necessary documents for the visa
- Arrange Passport size photos, Application form, educational qualifications, financial ability
- Receipt of the payment for the admission
- Submit the Letter of acceptance
- Step 3 – Contact the embassy of the European country for the interview
- Get the date of the interview
- Appear for the interview
- Step 4 – Receive the Europe study visa from the chosen study destination within 2 to 5 weeks
What is the Education Model in Europe?
The European style of education consists of two years of early education (nursery cycle), five years of primary and seven years of secondary education.
Primary Education – The primary education of five years in school is designed to imbibe the fundamental skills of reading, writing, and basic mathematics in the students to create a solid foundation for further learning and academic, social, and personal development.
Secondary Education – Secondary education aims to build on primary education’s learning outcomes and prepare oneself for tertiary education.
Post-secondary Education – Students who have completed their primary and secondary education start their tertiary education at about 18. This is when the students strive to get into the best Universities in Europe to complete their bachelor’s or professional degree to secure the best career path for themselves.
Which visa to choose to study in Europe?
There are many types of Europe Student Visa for International students to choose from for overseas education. Below are the types of visas:
- Schengen Visa Europe – It is a temporary visa for international students who wish to enter a Schengen country to pursue education for a maximum of three months. The visa can be renewed after the expiry and can apply for a residence permit.
- Long Stay Visa Europe For Students – This europe study visa for Indian and international students is granted for courses and programs with a duration of more than six months.
- Language Courses Student Visa in Europe – If a student wishes to pursue courses in the language of the host country, they can apply for this visa. They must appear for a language-based test
- Student Application Visa – When the student applications get delayed, students can join the course at the University by meeting this Europe study visa requirements.
- Student Visa in Europe – It is the most common and primary form of visa for international students who can apply with the offer of admission and meet the Europe student visa process
- Europe Study Visa without IELTS – You can even apply for a study visa for Europe without IELTS by getting approval from the University. Submit a non-objection letter from the University, to the country’s embassy.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Why should I choose Europe for study abroad?
How to apply for a Europe study visa?
What are the living costs for international students in Europe?
Can I stay on after my studies to work in Europe?
Do I need a visa to study in Europe?
How much will it cost to study In Europe?
Are there any scholarships available in Europe for Indian students?
What are the admission requirements for Europe studies?
Student visa requirements for Europe study?
Do I Need Health Insurance to Study in Europe?
Thank you so much!
As per the findings by the Canadian Bureau for International Education (CBIE), the main reason why many students choose Canada as their study destination is due to the high quality of education that you get…
Canadian universities offer three levels of degree namely the bachelor’s (duration of 4 years), master’s that need one to two years for completion, as well as a doctorate (which usually takes an extra 3 years).…
Lauded as one of the best destinations for study for international students, the Maple leaf country of Canada has welcomed individuals who are interested in exploring the multicultural diversity and pursuing their higher studies in…
Studying abroad in big and popular destinations like Canada involves a lot of factors that one has to plan beforehand. One of the major aspect is the cost involving fees, living expenses and Canada student…
Indian students while planning to study in Canada take into account several factors, one of which is the funds. There is no second opinion on the fact that international education is pricey as compared to…
This may seem hard to believe, but the truth is that over 700,000 students worldwide are planning to get their education from Canada. Either they are in the thinking stage or executing stage or have…