Study in USA – Features, opportunities & much more
Are you an International Education aspirant? Do you wish to wish to study in USA? StudyAbroadExpert brings the perfect opportunity to achieve your dream. The country is the leading overseas education destination with the largest number of International Students. The renowned Universities have maintained their dominance and supremacy in every statistic available such as quality of education, infrastructure, faculty, post-study opportunity, ease of application, and scholarships. The country is a Superpower, most advanced, has a Multi-cultural society with abundant study opportunities for international students.
Why choose to study in USA?
- Programs to fit your needs: When you Study in USA, you can enjoy a diverse range of higher education options as compared to other developed countries in the world. Under the education system in US, many universities in the US have the provision of customizing their courses, especially for international students.
- Flexibility: With study abroad USA, it is a common practice that you can change your university after two years of study under the undergraduate courses within the same faculty. The institutions use credit systems that can be acquired from relieving universities to change the university with the same course. The system gives you the flexibility for the most needed opportunity to transfer your credits to a higher-ranked institution.
- Extend Your Reach and Network: While you study in USA from India at American universities, there is a maximum possibility to interact with the well-known names in the industry. And this possibility will prove to be significant when you attain hands-on field experience in US to pursue your professional career.
- Diversity and Variety: US is known to be the cradle of multi-culturalism harbouring many immigrants from all around the world, including Mexicans, Asians, and Indians. With an experienced Study in USA consultants, you can achieve your overseas education dreams
What are the Top Universities in USA?
- Princeton University – It is known as top universities in USA that holds the number one position in the national universities list. It has highly ranked graduate programs through multiple campuses with options to write a senior thesis or take the independent project.
- Columbia University – Founded in 1754, the university is a private institution that harbors three undergraduate colleges, including graduate and professional schools.
- Harvard University – Having one of the best USA university rankings, the University is a well-known most sought-after university in the country. It has produced notable alumni, including 8 US Presidents
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology – The globally recognized university is one of the best universities in USA for international students and global ranking. The most popular courses offered are Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Aerospace, and Space Engineering, biomedical etc.
- Yale University – One of the best institutions in the USA and a rival of Harvard University, offers dynamic implementation of innovative education and cutting-edge research for students. It has a great excellent drama and music programs for art students.
- Stanford University – Located in California Bay Area, the university offers great undergraduate and graduate coursework in business, engineering, math, medicine, sports, arts, science, etc.
- University of Chicago – As one of the top universities in USA, students can select from over 50 majors and 40 minors programs. It is renowned for its location, rigorous academic and enrichment programs
- The University of Pennsylvania – Founder by Benjamin Franklin, the University has a reputation for delivering excellence in education, engineering, applied science, law, design, arts, and dental
- California Institute of Technology – With an improved USA university ranking, it offers top graduate programs in engineering, biology, chemistry, computer science, mathematics, and physics
- Duke University – The University has an impressive academic quality and a wide range of educational opportunities with diverse schools and colleges.
What are the Top Courses in USA?
- Engineering – STEM cources are considered as the best courses in USA with maximum number of students these courses for a better future. After completing STEM courses, students prefer to apply for H-1B Visas which gives preference to STEM Course students for the employment opportunities in the USA. The engineering courses include Aviation, Automobile, Computer Science, Construction, Industrial, manufacturing, Software, Drilling, and Water Resources.
- Business Administration – There are top MBA universities in USA under the business administration that are enriching and fruitful for the students. It provides comprehensive exposure in terms of internships, training, and workshops. The popular business management courses include International Business, Automotive Business, E-Commerce, Finance Leadership, Entrepreneurship and Marketing.
- MBBS – It has the best courses to study in USA for medical science students. The education standards are above par excellence and are approved by the Medical Council of India. The curriculum entails theoretical and practical courses that will help you understand the entire spectrum of medical studies.
- Liberal Arts – Apart from the most popular courses, USA has an impressive set of Liberal Arts Courses and Colleges for aspiring students. The courses include Economics, Political Science, Education, Fine Arts, Theatre, Psychology, and Sociology.
- Applied Sciences – It is considered as one for the best courses in USA for indian students to enhance the skills and grab employment opportunity in the same domain. It has great scope in skill development and innovation. The courses include biochemical engineering, Astrophysics, mathematics, social science, computer science and criminology.
What are the career opportunities you can get in USA?
Apart from being the biggest overseas education destination, it is also renowned for job opportunities for skilled professionals. It is a dream of every skilled individual to secure employment in the country with a reputed organization. It becomes easier for students who graduated from American institutions to attain job opportunities as they are always put ahead of others and competition. The country has a robust economic framework structure that focuses on growth and progress in all sectors. Maximum number of jobs are for those who have majored in the fields of computers, healthcare, business, science, etc. Below are the best career opportunities in the USA:
- Software Developer
- Information Security Analyst
- Registered Nurse
- Financial Advisor
- Medical Technologist
- Nursing Assistant
- Operations Manager
- Digital Marketing Specialist
- Home Health Aide
- Data Scientist
- Sales Representatives
- Restaurant Manager
- Physical Therapist
- Construction Worker
- Truck Driver
The best way to apply for jobs is to secure campus placement, or you can apply for jobs directly on the company websites, job portals, and LinkedIn. You can increase your network and social ties while you are in the country and spearhead the job hunt organically.
What is the Education Cost and other expenses in USA?
The cost of studying in USA is comparatively costlier than the other developed countries. With higher expense, you will get the best facilities and services to spend your entire academic years in the country. Moreover, you can recover education cost in USA with the provision of on and off-campus part-time jobs for students. You can also apply for a post-study work permit and job opportunities and it will be easier and smooth to gain employment in the country. Below is the details chart of expenses in the USA:
|Nature of Expenses||Cost (USD & INR)|
|One Way Flight||INR 55,000 to 75,000 (per head)|
|USA Student Visa Cost||USD 160 (INR 12,300)|
|Work Permit Application||USD 410 (INR 31,400)|
|IELTS Test||INR 14,700|
|USA University Fees – Tuition||INR 15,30,000 to INR 42,10,000|
|Books & Study Material||USD 1000 (INR 77,000)|
|Accommodation||USD 2,500 to USD 5,000 (INR 1,90,000- INR 3,80,000) per annum|
|Travel Costs||USD 50 to USD 100 (INR 4,000 – INR 8,000) per month|
|Food||USD 150 to 200 (INR 12,000 to 16,000) monthly|
|Miscellaneous Expenses||USD 700 (INR 54,500 INR) monthly|
The above mentioned table encompasses the total cost of studying in USA for indian students for the year 2022.
What are the best Scholarships in USA?
There are many USA scholarships for indian students:
- Fulbright Foreign Student Program – It is a government-funded and most popular scholarship in USA for young professionals, graduate students, and artists
- Hubert Humphrey Fellowship Program – This government scholarship is extended for those who opt for 10 months of academic study in the country
- Civil Society Leadership Awards – As one of the best USA university scholarships, it offers fully-funded scholarships to students from eligible countrues
- Preply Scholarship – Grants an award of USD 2,000 for all eligible Students
- Surfshark Privacy and Security Scholarship – It offers USD 2,000 grant to students currently enrolled in the country
- Tortuga Backpacks Study Abroad Scholarship – It can be another good option for scholarship to study in USA which provide twice a year USD 1,000 as a grant
There are other University Specific USA scholarship 2022 that can be availed by International Students. These scholarships are offered by the Universities of Harvard, Illinois, Iowa, New York, Minnesota, Oregon and Wisconsin.
What is the Application Procedure to get USA Student Visa?
You must the below eligibility requirements:
- Must be above 18 years of age
- A valid passort
- Formal Acceptance at a SEVP approved College & University
- Application Form I-20, Non Immigrant visa application and DS-160 Application
- Academic documents
- Bank Statements and proof of funds
- Application fee payment receipt for the SEVIS
Below is the detailed step-by-step process to study in USA:
- Apply for US school admission – The first step is get accepted into a US university in the intake month
- Acquire your School, College, or University’s Form I-20 (for Non-immigrant Student Status) or DS-2019 (for Exchange Visitor)
- Pay the SEVIS I-901 fee
- Identify the US Embassy or Consulate in Your City
- Fill out the DS-160 form online for a Non-immigrant Visa Application (Form DS-160).
- Book an appointment for your visa interview by contacting your nearest US embassy or consulate
- Make the payment for your visa application fee of USD 160
- Attend your visa interview that will determine your fate for a student visa
- Pay the visa issuance fee identified by the nationality and agreement
- Receive your Visa from the embassy by completing all the requirements and formalities
Once you complete the above process, you will receive the USA Student Visa. And to complete the process with ease, it is important to hire an experienced Study Abroad Consultant who possess the required knowledge and expertise to guide you for the visa.
What is the Education Model in USA?
The education model or system in USA is divided into four levels:
- In United States, it is not mandatory to pursue Pre-school or Pre-Kindergarten.
- Pre-school classes generally run for 1 year or 2.
- For children between the ages of 4 to 6, the arrangements differ from state to state.
- Around the age of 6, children commence primary school, which is called as “elementary school.” They attend the school for 5 to 6 years, and then go to secondary school.
- Secondary school comprises of two programs: the first “middle school” or “junior high school” and the second is “high school. Normally, middle school begins when students turn 11 years old, and junior high at the age of 12
- Before higher education, students attend primary and secondary school for a total of 12 years. These years are often referred as – the first through twelfth grades.
- After graduating high school (12th grade), students may take admission to college or university. College or university study is termed as “higher education.”
- THE U.S. HIGHER EDUCATION SYSTEM: LEVELS OF STUDY
- Higher education in U.S. is also called as post-secondary education with low cost of studying in USA for Indian students
- First Level: Undergraduate
- Second Level: Graduate in Pursuit of Master’s Degree
- Third Level: Graduate in Pursuit of Doctorate Degree
Which visa to choose for study in USA?
There are different types of USA Student Visa for International students who aspire you pursue overseas education in the country. Below are the three types of visas:
- F1 Student Visa – The visa is primary pathway for all International Students wherein they need to meet the USA student visa requirements. Applicants must have 18 hours of study in a week. The spouse or children of the applicant can also accompany you on an F-2 visa.
- J1 Exchange Visitor Visa – This USA student visa from india is designed for students, visiting scholars or lecturers who are pursuing an exchange program. It is generally for working professionals who move to USA on an exchange program, vocational training or some research fellowship. Spouses or children can apply J-2 Visa upon completing the USA student visa process
- M-1 Vocational/ Non-Academic Student Visa – It is a type of USA student visa application allocated for vocational and technical schools. These visa holders and students cannot overstay their visit in the country.
FAQ’s – Questions below
What are the popular courses in the USA?
Are any scholarships available for international students in USA?
Can you work while studying in the United States?
What is a GPA?
Do I Need Health Insurance to Study in USA?
What is CPT?
What is the credit system in U.S. universities?
Thank you so much!
As per the findings by the Canadian Bureau for International Education (CBIE), the main reason why many students choose Canada as their study destination is due to the high quality of education that you get…
Canadian universities offer three levels of degree namely the bachelor’s (duration of 4 years), master’s that need one to two years for completion, as well as a doctorate (which usually takes an extra 3 years).…
Lauded as one of the best destinations for study for international students, the Maple leaf country of Canada has welcomed individuals who are interested in exploring the multicultural diversity and pursuing their higher studies in…
Studying abroad in big and popular destinations like Canada involves a lot of factors that one has to plan beforehand. One of the major aspect is the cost involving fees, living expenses and Canada student…
Indian students while planning to study in Canada take into account several factors, one of which is the funds. There is no second opinion on the fact that international education is pricey as compared to…
This may seem hard to believe, but the truth is that over 700,000 students worldwide are planning to get their education from Canada. Either they are in the thinking stage or executing stage or have…