Germany is often termed as the Global superpower of the free world and maintained its position as the popular most popular destination to study in Germany among international students. Due to the positive administration and public-funded education, the environment of studying for the international students has improved and more students are preferring Germany as their study destination. Statistically, more than 13% of students in German universities came from different parts of the world to avail the benefits of quality education and excellent standard of living.
Why to choose Germany for abroad studies?
- No tuition fees at public universities – Biggest advantage to choose Germany is the education is subsidized by the government for public Universities. Therefore, the state-funded institutions have no tuition fee for both domestic students and international students.
- Quality education– Education attained in German is considered to be of high quality and widely recognized across the globe.
- World’s fourth-largest economy– It is not a hidden fact that, Germany is the largest economy in the European Union (EU) and 4th largest in the world which upholds better services, infrastructure, healthcare and evidently quality education in the country.
- Numerous scholarship programmes– The country is blessed with the pool of Scholarship programmes to finance your Study abroad in Germany considering the fact that you have an outstanding academic record.
- Excellent employment prospects– After attaining education in Germany, you will get plenty of career prospects as there is substantial partnership between the universities and multinational companies.After that you can apply for Germany work permit.
- A global industrial hub– Many multinational business giants have fixed their roots in this country for a long time. And, you can witness countless career opportunities and networking possibilities after accomplishing your Study overseas in Germany.
- The German Govt. has implemented strict laws which brought down the crime rates low while making Germany as one of the safest countries in the world.
Education Model in Germany
The education system in Germany is categorized into 5 levels:
- Early Childhood Education– The Children under the age of 3 attend nursery (those aged between 3 and 6 years old – go to a preschool (Kindergarten/Kita).
- Children turning 6 years old can begin their primary school in the autumn term (around September) till the age of 10.
- On the basis of a student’s academic performance, recommendation of teachers and parents’ preferences, a student can choose one of the different types of Germany secondary schools :
- Age Group- 11- 17
- Gymnasium – for academic students
- Realschule – for intermediary students
- Hauptschule – for less academic students
- Gesamtschule – a comprehensive school combining all education types.
- Tertiary education: Tertiary education Germany provides higher education for qualifying students:
- For those who completed secondary education in Germany or abroad which enable them to pursue higher education.
- Continuing education: the program Continuing education in Germany is system introduced aiming at nurturing the students to make them adaptable for the ever-changing demands of the labour market.
- The Education is delivered by the municipal and private institutions, trade unions, chambers of industry and commerce, churches, associations, public authorities, businesses, political parties, family education centers, and vocational schools.
Top universities in Germany are autonomous by nature which means there is no set academic requirements . Every university has their own eligibility criteria and admission procedure for students to admit in their university.
Below is the general eligibility criteria for applications in German universities:
- Need High-school certificate or 13 years of Education is mandatory
- Must score a minimum 65 % or above in class 12th
- Mathematics in class 12th is compulsory for STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) degrees
- SAT Test are necessary in some universities
- Duration of Bachelor programmes in Germany – Undergraduate programme has 6 semesters which can be completed in 4 years, including a 1-year programme called Foundation year.
- To study in Germany in a postgraduate program you must submit a valid undergraduate certificate or evidence of 16 years of educational qualifications.
- In Germany, some master programmes require prospective students to submit a 3-year undergraduate degree.
- German universities demand strong academic background (minimum 65%) who want to study in Germany after 12th.
- For post-graduate students, a residence permit is usually required that permits them to live and study in the country for two years.
- A master program comprises 2 to 4 semesters and completes within 2 years of enrolling (generally have a duration of 18 to 24 months).
Intake System in German Universities
Study applications for German Universities are accepted all-round the year:
- Winter semester or Autumn Session starts in September or October. The application period begins in early May and ends on 15th July.
- Summer semester or Spring Session starts in March or April. The application period begins in early December and ends on 15th January.
English Proficiency Requirements for Germany Student Visa
All oversees students must to take a recognized English language proficiency test as most of the student study in Germany in English only, therefore, competency must be established to get the germany student visa.
- IELTS/TOEFL scores are recognized by the majority of German universities/colleges/ institutions.
- You must have scored at least 6.5 or 6.0 in each section.
- IELTS scores are only valid for two years.
- TOEFL minimum score required is between 75 to 81.
- For postgraduate level, the English language benchmark is set a bit higher as compared to other undergraduate courses:
- TOEIC certificate – TOEIC® Test” it’s a standardized test, run by the ETS® (Educational Testing Service)
- Very Few German universities accept decent TOEIC scores as a proof of English language proficiency for academic studies. Minimum level B2.
Living in Germany is not that much expensive as compared to other European countries. The cost of food, transportation, clothing, health insurance, and education systems are quite excellent and other basic expenses are quite less…
Most of the international students in Germany wish to stay back after completion of their studies to gain some valuable work experience. However, recent overseas graduates are required to apply for a residence permit to search…
Germany’s climate is favored with moderately continental, characterized by: Cold winters, with average daily temperatures around 0 °C (32 °F) or slightly above. Warm summers, with maximum temperatures around 22/24 °C (72/75 °F) in July and…
1.Engineering— Mechanical, Structural and Chemical Engineering 2.Entrepreneurship and Technology 3.Mathematics 4.Automobile Engineering 5.Biological Sciences 6.Computer Sciences and Information Technology 7.Business Management 8.Law 9.Physical Sciences 10.Fine and Applied Arts 11.Architecture
Below are the top-notch universities to study in Germany for Indian students: Technical University of Munich. Ludwig Maximilian University. Karlsruhe Institute of Technology. Aachen University. University of Heidelberg. Humboldt University of Berlin. The Free University of Berlin. University of Gottingen. Technical University in Berlin University…