Students those who have dreamed to study in Singapore would be surprised to know that the country has an extremely high standards, teaching and learning. Singapore has made a global impression of being a ‘global schoolhouse’ in Asia and Internationally armed with acclaimed universities such as National University of Singapore (NUS) and Nanyang Technological University, Singapore (NTU). Being a small country, it has never compromised with developments of all the sectors including education and safety of the students studying in Singapore.
Why choose to study in Singapore?
Students across the globe feel at home while studying in Singapore.
- Study in Singapore is synonym of quality education and academic development for the International students.
- The education system and environment make the students homely feel by providing immediate support and assistance.
Offering student counselling & orientation programs Institutions-wide.
- Students will have benefits of accommodation at nominal rates, and effective orientation programs by educational institutions under the Singapore’s education system.
Educational institutions provide encouraging learning environment.
- Singapore’s Educational institutions offer an advantageous learning environment to students for their overall development.
- Foreign students wishing to study in Singapore can avail the benefits of world-class technology, library services and advanced infrastructure.
Education Model – Singapore
- The section consist for the ages 3 – 6. These schools are run by mostly companies, community groups and charities which incur tuition fees.
- Kindergartens system in Singapore function up to 3 years of pre-school for the children who fall under the ages 3 to 6.
- Mandatorily the students must be from age 6 to attain the primary education.
- Generally, it is the foundation stage for students of four-year (Primary 1 to 4) along with the two-year orientation stage (Primary 5 to 6).
- Best feature is that the Primary education in Singapore is free for all its citizens, however there is a monthly fee attached up to SGD 13 per student.
As an obligatory, secondary education in Singapore function for 5 grades, normally from age range of 12 to 17
- (University preparation or vocational training) Upon the completion of secondary education, for those who wish to take further university education may attend a ‘pre-university’ centre for about 2 or 3 years of further study.
- The entry requirements at various universities in Singapore are:
For undergraduate courses:
- The students must have completed higher secondary schooling or pre-university education.
- Gained a passing certificate of GCE “O” level examination from Singapore or an equivalent qualification of minimum 12 years of schooling from an overseas country.
For postgraduate courses:
- The students must have attained minimum 3-4 years of undergraduate education considering the choice of postgraduate education in Singapore for master’s degree program or a doctoral degree.
- This 4-year bachelor’s degree offered is equivalent to the bachelor’s of engineering or technology in India.
For an MBA course in Singapore universities:
- The basic eligibility is to hold a minimum – a bachelor’s degree and 2 to 3 years of work experience.
- There are some Private universities such as MDIS/PSB/JCU that accept the application of candidates for their MBA programmes without any work experience.
Intake System for Universities in Singapore
- As far as the intakes are concerned, Singapore Government Universities normally have two intakes in the entire financial year viz. August and February
- On the other hand, Private institutes in Singapore offer multiple intakes in an year that ranges (January, February, July, August, September and October).
- If we take the subject specific intake season – polytechnics usually accepts during April and September
- It is highly advisable that, you must start your admission process six months before the application deadline. Basically, the applications for the admissions open in October.
As a thumb to all study permits, all the university students applying for Singapore must demonstrate their proficiency in English language. To validate that, you must clear one of the following language examination in order to admit in Singaporean institution:
1.TOEFL- Test of English as a Foreign Language
- The TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) is an internationally recognized and globally standardized English language test, specialized in evaluating the English Language Proficiency of each applicant who wants to pursue their education in Singapore.
- For undergraduate you need to score a total of 80 and for postgraduate the score will scale up to 90 which is required for the admittance in Singapore Institutes.
- TOEFL score results is valid for two year.
- IELTS- International English Language Testing System
- The IELTS (International English Language Testing System) is an internationally recognized standardized English language test specially crafted to evaluate and assess the English language ability of the applicants wishing to study in Singapore.
- For undergraduate, a minimum qualifying score is clocked at 6.5 overall bands and for postgraduate the score is 7.5 overall bands is mandatory for Singapore Institutes admission.
If you gain education in Singapore, then you will have multiple options to stay in Singapore and secure employment after the expiry of student visa. VISIT PASS If you fail to find a suitable job…
MBA/ Business Management Banking and Finance Computer Science and IT Law Engineering Science Medicine Architecture Fashion Industry Tourism/Hospitality
National University of Singapore Nanyang Technological University Singapore Management University Singapore University of Technology and Design LASALLE College of the Arts Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts Textile and Fashion Industry Training Centre INSEAD Asia campus…
The cost of living in Singapore is relatively little expensive due to the country’s limited space. The population density of Singapore is 8,188.16 per square kilometre, which tops third highest in the world after Macau…
Singapore’s climate is described by unchanging temperature and pressure in the environment, high humidity and abundant rainfall, due to its geographical location and maritime exposure. Average temperature is stuck between 25 degrees Celsius and 31…