Welcome to the “Holy Grail of international higher education”. Students aspiring to study in USA must understand that over many decades, the universities in U.S. has been the torchbearer of popular and quality education destination for international students. The US Universities has maintained their supremacy in every statistic in almost every parameter. What you see is a Country that is a Superpower, most-advanced and Multi-cultural society with abundant study opportunities for international students due to the govt. reforms and policies, quality standards and advanced technology.
Why study in US?
- Programs to fit your needs: When you Study in USA, you can enjoy a diverse range of higher education options as compared to other developed countries in the world. Under the education system in US, many universities in US have the provision of customizing their courses especially for international students.
- Flexibility: In America, it is a common practise that you can change your university after two years of study under the undergraduate courses within the same faculty. The institutions uses credit system that can be acquired from relieving universities for change the university with same course. The system gives you the flexibility for the must needed opportunity to transfer your credits to a higher ranked institution.
- Extend Your Reach and Network: While you study abroad in USA at American universities, there is a maximum possibility to interact with the well-known names in the industry. And, this possibility will prove to be significant when you attain the hands-on field experience in US to pursue your professional career.
- Diversity and Variety: US is known to be cradle of multi-culturalism harbouring many immigrants from all around the world, including Mexicans, Asians along with Indians.
Education Model in US
- In United States, it is not mandatory to pursue Pre-school or Pre-Kindergarten.
- Pre-school classes generally run for 1 year or 2.
- For children within the ages of 4 to 6, the arrangements differ from state to state.
- Around the age of 6, children commence primary school, which is called as “elementary school.” They attend the school for 5 to 6 years, and then go to secondary school.
- Secondary school comprises of two programs: the first “middle school” or “junior high school” and the second is “high school. Normally, middle school begins when students turn 11 years old, and junior high at the age of 12
- Before higher education, students attend primary and secondary school for a total of 12 years. These years are often referred as – the first through twelfth grades.
- After graduating high school (12th grade), students may take admission to college or university. College or university study is termed as “higher education.”
- THE U.S. HIGHER EDUCATION SYSTEM: LEVELS OF STUDY
- Higher education in U.S. is also called as post-secondary education with low cost of studying in USA for Indian students
- First Level: Undergraduate
- Second Level: Graduate in Pursuit of Master’s Degree
- Third Level: Graduate in Pursuit of Doctorate Degree
Eligibility requirements for a Bachelor’s degree in the USA
- Must possess international equivalent of US/Canadian secondary education Certificate (12th Class Certificate)
- Hold a Diploma or certification of graduation from High School in your country.
- English language Proficiency Test Results between TOEFL IBT 75 and 80 for direct entry (Some programs don’t require any official TOEFL score).
- Normally, the more competitive an institute is, the higher TOEFL score is needed for admission.
- Must have proven academic achievement validating your proficiency to succeed in university-level studies.
Eligibility requirements for a Master’s degree in the USA
- International equivalency of a North American four-year Bachelor’s degree program from an recognized university.
- Having a three-year Bachelor’s degree or diploma, then you will have option to complete a qualifying Pre-Master’s program initially.
- Possess official transcripts for all colleges/universities attended.
- English language Proficiency Test Results between TOEFL iBT 79 and 95 for direct entry (For ESL and Pre-Master’s programs, TOEFL score may not be required)
- Acquire two letters of recommendation
- Resumé of Candidate for MBA programs
- Additionally, specific requirements for individual courses.
- US universities generally have 2 intakes for students.
- Fall: August/September
- Spring: January/February
- Under the system, American universities follow a bi-semester where an academic year is divided into two semesters.
- And, most of the US courses starts in the Fall semester.
- Fall semester begins in September and concludes in December, while the Spring semester begins in January and ends in May.
- Many popular and important courses begin only with the Fall semester.
- The Fall semester is very popular, reason being popular the scholarships and financial aids are aimed at this semester.
The prestigious U.S. colleges demands at least:
- Score of 7 bands IELTS.
- Score of 80 on the IBT OR 550 on PBT in TOEFL
Other colleges typically require at least:
- Score of 6.5 on the IELTS,
- Score of 75 on the IBT or a 510 on the PBT.
- Score of 6 on IELTS is categorized as competent, 7 as good, an 8 as very good and a 9 as expert.
- On the TOEFL IBT, a 60 is competent, 94 is good, 110 is very good and 118 is expert.
- Students who fail to score minimum competent range, might be offered conditional admission which requires them to undertake the additional English classes.
- The Language scores are valid for two years after taking a test.
Brace yourselves up for the most important transition of your life. If you are planning to move to study in the USA, there are certain ways in which you should be prepared. The USA is…
For the first time in the US educational landscape, there has been a sharp decline in international students enrolling to study in USA in fall 2020. Across all the Masters and Doctoral programs, the reduction…
United States is often called as the “Land of Milk and Honey” and it may profoundly sound biblical but that is the reality. Due to abundant jobs in US and opportunities to study in US,…
Living Expenses: Projected living cost for the US is around USD 10000 to USD 12000 per year, on an average USD 700 to USD 1000 per month The living cost includes – accommodation costs, travel, room,…
Post study work visa (USA) is the most significant feature to Study in USA wherein the international students can have opportunity to build their career in USA. F1 visa is one such post study work visa (USA) that…
Being a huge country by demography, the contiguous United States is home to a vivid variety of climates. Summer Season is hot and humid in the plains and southern states, while the southwest is very hot…