Alberta’s Provincial Nominee Program – which nominates foreign nationals for Canadian permanent residence (PR) – has introduced two new categories or ‘streams.’
International Graduate Entrepreneur Immigration Stream – Launched on 26th October, this stream of the Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program requires Alberta graduates to submit an online Expression of Interest (EOI). Based on the EOI information, the highest-scoring applicants will be invited to apply for provincial nomination.
To be eligible for this stream, candidates must:
- Have a diploma or degree from an approved institution, achieved by pursuing full-time education for at least two years in Alberta.
- Hold a post-graduate work permit, valid for two or more years when submitting the EOI.
- Establish or purchase an Alberta business that is not deemed ‘ineligible.’
- Own at least 34% of that business
- Have full-time work experience of a minimum of six months in active management or ownership of a business. This may include an equivalent duration of experience with a business accelerator/incubator or entrepreneurship program courses.
- Score Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 7 or higher in an approved English or French language examination.
- Candidates aged 21-49 years, who can provide economic benefit to Alberta, will be preferred.
- In case the aspirant or their spouse/partner has immediate family members residing in Alberta, they have a better chance of being nominated for the Canada PR Visa.
- The applicant’s eligibility is also enhanced if the spouse/partner has
- at least one year of work experience in Alberta, or
- completed a two-year or longer diploma/degree from an Alberta institution, or
- scored CLB 5 or higher in an English/French language test.
Foreign Graduate Start-up Visa Stream – To be launched in January 2021, this stream will allow graduates from top U.S. colleges and universities to commence a business and settle down in Alberta.
Find out more about different Alberta immigration pathways or explore other accessible Provincial Nominee Programs and other pathways to Canadian permanent residence. We invite you to seek the reliable guidance of India’s most experienced immigration consultants at Abhinav – via digital counselling or at our pan-India offices.