For international students, the United Kingdom has resurfaced on the map as a destination for study abroad with a two-year stay after graduation. However, many candidates are still unsure whether they can study in UK without IELTS. Yes, it is the correct response. International students are welcome to study at UK universities without having to take the IELTS exam. There are some alternatives to IELTS that can be used instead.
Admission Criteria For Admission In UK Without IELTS
The following three criteria are primarily used to accept international students for UK programs without IELTS.
- English Medium of Instruction
At times, universities request the student’s previous educational medium. An institution might accept you without IELTS if you have completed all your education in English. If you wish to study for a master’s degree in the UK without taking IELTS, you must demonstrate that you have completed an English degree.
Candidates may be required to participate in a video interview at some institutions. In this way, the University can assess your level of English comprehension and make an informed decision. You must perform admirably in this interview in order to gain admission to UK universities that do not require IELTS.
- Class 10th and 12th Scores
Universities may examine your high school or senior year grades at times. For example, if you achieved more than 75% in English in the 10th and 12th grades, institutions may consider this proof of English proficiency.
Step-By-Step Process To Study In UK Without IELTS
Below are the steps to help you understand how the process of studying in the UK without IELTS works.
Step 1: IELTS Exemption Application Process
- Research and narrow down the best courses to study in UK and universities to which you want to apply.
- Confirm your eligibility to study at UK universities without IELTS. On the University website, you may check University rankings in the United Kingdom as well as Eligibility Requirements.
- Research all of the universities in the UK that do not require IELTS and select the one that is best for you academically and professionally.
- You must apply online to the University or colleges in the United Kingdom that you have chosen.
Step 2: Skype / Video Interviews
Once your profile has been shortlisted, video interviews are conducted to assess your English language proficiency. It also demonstrates your enthusiasm to be admitted to universities. To gain admission to a UK university that does not require IELTS, you must perform admirably in this interview.
Step 3: Costs of Study in the UK
If you pass your Video Interview, you will receive a letter of acceptance from the UK colleges that do not require the IELTS that you have applied to. It is confirmation that you have been accepted into the program for which you applied. Next, you must pay the tuition fee for your chosen program of study.
Step 4: Apply for Student Visa in the UK
Now the question arises as to whether IELTS is required for the purpose of obtaining a UK student visa. An admission letter from a university in the UK does not need IELTS, you can apply for a UK study visa without taking IELTS. The application process can be completed online by submitting all the necessary documents. The following are the UK student visa criteria for Indian students who do not have IELTS.
- A filled-out application form for a student visa
- A letter of acceptance on the course showing UK university admission without IELTS
- A valid passport
- Proof of financial means to support yourself throughout your stay in the UK
- Depending on the circumstances, you may be asked to supply additional documents.
- You must complete your biometrics, including a scanned photograph and fingerprints.
- As soon as you have been approved for a UK student visa without IELTS, you can fly to the nation to continue your education.
The Bottom Line
Many universities allow students to study in UK without IELTS, provided they have already finished their studies in English as the medium of instruction and can prove it.