Canada may be one of the most desirable places for international students, but studying here is not inexpensive. Overseas students in need of financial aid can apply for a Scholarship in Canada to further their education. The majority of international student scholarships in Canada in 2023 are government-sponsored, with some granted by private as well as public institutions.
We’ve compiled a list of scholarships for overseas students offered by the Canadian government, individual Canadian colleges, and other organizations for people who want to Study in Canada but require financial assistance.
Governmental Scholarships For Studying In Canada
- Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships: The Canadian government offers scholarships and fellowships to international students pursuing postgraduate studies in the scientific and social sciences or health research.
- Canada Graduate Scholarships For Master’s Program: Scholarships for Canadian students pursuing a master’s degree or Ph.D. at a (CGS-M designated) Canadian university.
- IDRC Research Awards: Scholarships from the Canadian government for students from developing nations to pursue a research degree at the masters or doctorate level from an accredited Canadian university.
- NSERC Postgraduate Scholarships:Scholarships, grants, and awards from the Canadian government are available to exceptional students pursuing a degree in engineering at a Canadian college or university. It was funded by the NSERC.
- Organization of American States (OAS) Scholarship Program: Graduate students from any member country of the Organization of American States (OAS) can apply for scholarship funding through the OAS (including selected countries in Latin America and the Caribbean islands).
- Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships Program: Canadian government scholarships are available to doctorate candidates from all around the world to study at a university in Canada.
Non-Governmental Scholarships To Study In Canada
- Anne Vallee Ecological Fund: Scholarships for international students pursuing doctoral studies in animal research at an authorized Canadian university in Quebec or British Columbia.
- Canada Memorial Scholarship: Full scholarships are available for British postgraduate students to study at any approved Canadian higher education provider, covering tuition, airfare, and living expenses, among other things. The 2019 round is already closed; look for the 2020 round later this year.
- Surfshark Privacy & Security Scholarship: A $2,000 prize is open to a high school, undergraduate, or graduate student currently enrolled in Canada or another study destination. To apply, you must write an essay, and the scholarship is open to people of all nationalities.
- Trudeau Scholarships & Fellowships: The Trudeau Foundation offers scholarships, fellowships, and mentorships to international doctorate students studying in Canada at certain schools.