An IRCC’s initiative to expedite the process of obtaining the study permit for students from some specific countries including India is the Student Direct Stream (SDS). As a large number of students apply for higher education in Canada every year, the SDS intends to speed up the processing for applications for those students who need time bound and efficient processing within 20 calendar days. Additionally, this stream allows the applicant to bring the family members along.
The Student Direct stream is available to some specific countries namely China, India, Morocco, Pakistan, the Philippines, Senegal and Vietnam. To get your application processed quickly, the biometrics should be submitted as early as possible and all eligibility requirements need to be fulfilled, which are –
- The Letter of Acceptance from a post-secondary Designated Learning Institute (DLI) of Canada
- At the time of submitting the application, the applicant must reside outside Canada
- The tuition fee must be paid for one year of study and the applicant must have the proof to support the claim
- A Guaranteed Investment Certificate of CAD$10,000 must be obtained beforehand
- A medical fitness certificate, if required
- Police verification for character fitness, if required
- Transcripts of previous qualification
- Language Proficiency test results, whereby the candidate has scored at least 6.0 in each skill i.e., reading, writing, speaking and listening of IELTS exam
As this stream allows the applicants to bring their spouse or common law partner and dependent children along, their applications must be submitted at the same time as SDS application for faster and efficient processing. They can apply under visitor visa, work permit or the study permit. The application fee for SDS stream starts from CAD$150. Once the application is approved, the applicant will receive the Letter of Introduction, which has to be presented to the authorities when the applicant arrives in Canada. Upon the refusal as well, the applicant will receive a letter stating the reason why the application has been refused.
If you need any assistance with your Canadian education and the Student Direct Stream, contact StudyAbroadExpert today. Our professionals will take up your case with due diligence so that you do not face any hurdle with your process. Call us at +91 8595338595 to know more.