Embarking on a journey of higher study in Sweden for more than three months (90 days) requires students to apply for a Sweden study visa and residency permission. The permit must be obtained prior to the student’s entry into Sweden. Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered with all the information and guidance you need to make your dream of studying in Sweden a reality!
Do I Need a Student Visa for Sweden?
Non-EU/EEA nationals who wish to study in Sweden for more than three months must get a student visa and a residence permit. You must be admitted into a Swedish university before applying for a student visa.
Students from the United States, Japan, Canada, and other countries who do not require a visa to visit Sweden are permitted to study without restriction for 90 days, following which they can simply apply for a residence permit.
Sweden Student Visa Requirements
To complete your Sweden student visa requirements, it is essential to provide the following necessary documentation to support your case.
- In addition, you may be needed to submit copies of the pages of your passport that contain your personal information, signature, validity period, and permission to reside in other countries.
- Application form. For your student visa, you must submit a filled-out and signed application form.
- Identity photos. You must submit passport-sized photographs with your application.
- Previous study transcripts. Provide certified copies of transcripts, degrees, or achievement certificates from previous institutions.
- Acceptance letter. You must submit an acceptance letter from a Swedish higher education institution indicating that you have been accepted into a full-time study programme that requires your presence in Sweden.
- Health insurance. A copy of your health insurance policy documents that are valid in Sweden. If you do not have health insurance, you are required to submit proof that you have applied for coverage.
- Proof of financial stability. A bank statement demonstrating that you have sufficient funds to pay your monthly living expenses, or documents issued in your name indicating that you have been granted a monthly allowance for the duration of your stay.
- Payment of the application processing charge.
How to Apply for a Sweden Student Visa?
To study in Sweden, You can apply for a student visa:
- In person (embassy or consulate-general)
Visit the Swedish Migration Agency’s website and create an account. If you have an existing account, you can simply log in. After logging into your account, complete the application by entering the essential information.
Embassy or Consulate-General
The steps involved in applying to a Swedish embassy or consulate are as follows:
- Speak with the embassy. Before submitting the application, make an appointment with the embassy or consulate-general.
- Complete the application form. First-time visa applicants must complete out the application form and adhere to the application’s requirements.
- Gather documents. Before submitting an application, you can view the papers you are required to submit. The required documentation must be sent alongside the application form.
- Submit the application and documents. Send the application to the embassy together with the relevant documentation. You will be required to submit payment with your application.
- Attend the interview. The embassy will request an interview with you to inquire about your application procedure and education. Then, you must wait for a response indicating whether your application was granted or denied.
How Long Does It Take to Get a Student Visa for Sweden?
It takes five months to process a student visa for higher education and doctoral studies in Sweden, while the processing time for other types of studies can take up to three months.
To ensure that all your queries are addressed in a personalized manner, we encourage you to get in touch with us directly. Our team is available to speak with you over the phone at +91-8595338595, or alternatively, you may reach out to us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Get in touch with us today and take the first step towards making your Study Abroad Europe dream a reality.