Apart from tuition fee, your total living costs may vary on the choice of university/course/city/lifestyle you opt for in the United Kingdom:
- Tuition fee takes the major portion of expenses incurred by Indian students in the UK as they have to pay fee at non-EU rates.
- Tuition fee differs from university to university and the course you wish to pursue.
- The cost of accommodation depends a lot on the location of your University and the standard of your accommodation.
- Expense are much higher in and around the areas of London in comparison to other parts of the UK.
- There are different types of accommodation options available for overseas students. They are- Hall of Residence, Off-campus Private, and Private Renting.
The cost of expense you will incur in the UK depends a lot on the choice of your lifestyle, spending habits, type of accommodation, etc.
Apart from this, your living expenses also include costs related to transportation and travelling, clothes, food, electricity, gas, utility bills, books, and other miscellaneous expenses.
- On an average Indian students staying in London can expect to pay £1,265 per month.
- On the other hand, if you consider staying in other parts of the UK, then you will require a minimum of £1,015 per month.
- Annual living costs for Indian students in the UK might range from £12,000 – £15,000 excluding tuition fee.