Post study work visa (USA) is the most significant feature to Study in USA wherein the international students can have opportunity to build their career in USA.

F1 visa is one such post study work visa (USA) that permit the students to stay for a maximum duration of 12 months in the US after their study.

Things to Remember with the F-1:

  • Must work in your field of study
  • Mandatory to complete an OPT application (Optional Practical Training )
  • Apply early as you don’t need to wait for a job offer. You may apply within 90 days before your program end date. And, you must apply no later than 60 days after your program end date.
  • H1-B VISA- Designed for international students in the United States who wish to stay longer than their OPT period. This visa can be a great pathway to stay employed in the country and continue to gain experience in a given field.
  • This visa is permitted for three years and can be extended for an additional three years for special circumstances.

Things to remember:

  • Must find a job within your field of study
  • Acquire job offer before you are eligible for a H1-B visa
  • You are not required to apply as your employer has to complete the application on your behalf.
  • The duration of the H1-B visa is based on the duration of your job contract.
  • Strictly inadvisable to travel outside the country when your H1-B visa is pending
  • Processing for H1-B application takes 3-4 months.