Indian students form the major chunk of international students in Canada. Almost 35% of the total Canadian study permits are for Indian students who opt to study in Canada. There are multiple reasons behind this attraction for Canada among Indian studies making India the leading source of foreign students for Canada.
Firstly, Canada is an affordable option for Indian students without having to compromise on the quality of education. Secondly, the significant Indian diaspora in Canada attracts them towards the country that they will feel like home here. Finally, the Canadian Immigration Programs allow the students to stay and work in Canada and eventually offers them the opportunity to settle down in Canada as a permanent resident and eventually as a citizen.
As the Coronavirus has halted the normal functioning of all the global and domestic activities of almost all the countries worldwide, Canada is no exception. However, for international students, Canada has come up with major relaxations which are –
- Incomplete applications are accepted if the applicant gives due explanation of the reasons for delay in collecting the documents and 90 days’ time will be given to the students from IRCC to submit the complete application
- Another major reforms is the provision of international students to begin their Canadian studies online and still be eligible for Post-Graduation Work Permit
For Indian students, there is a process through which they can fast-track their study permit application. Known as Student Direct Stream, it enables the Indian students to get their Canada study permit within 20 calendar days only, without having to worry on how to study in Canada from India.
A student becomes eligible for Student Direct Stream if the below mentioned additional criteria are fulfilled –
- An IELTS score of 6 in each component – Reading, Writing, Listening and Speaking
- The Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) of CAD $10,000 has been obtained from the financial institution that meets the criteria for the Student Direct Stream
- A year of tuition fee has been paid and there is a valid proof to justify the same
The Student Direct Stream comes as an additional benefit for students who view themselves studying in Canada in the coming fall semester. They can arrange for the aforementioned documents and can get their Canada study permit processed within 20 days. All they need to do is start looking for Designated Learning Institute, get Letter of Admission and submit a complete study permit application.
Canada has an Indian student fraternity that counts beyond 200,000. To join them, start with your admission process with StudyAbroadExpert to get an expert’s guidance at your disposal. Reach out to us at +918595338595 now.