Studying abroad is every student’s long cherished dream but when you choose to study in Canada, then your dream becomes the reality. In Canada, you can have abundant study opportunities, social benefits, low cost of living and study support. The quality of education in Canada is above-par-excellence with modern technology, supreme infrastructure and better employability on a global level. The universities in Canada are renowned internationally that guarantees positive returns in future such as high-paying jobs, better lifestyle, immigration possibility and what not.
WHY TO CHOOSE CANADA TO STUDY?
Overseas education in Canada does not look complex when we follow the strict regime of proper documentation and adhere to the rule and regulation meticulously.
The universities in Canada have affordable tuition fees and are quite reasonably priced as compared to other foreign countries. Students can also apply for a range of scholarships to cut down their educational expenses.
Colleges in Canada provide students an opportunity to work while studying for the course. So, students can get the work exposure that will give them an added advantage in the job market.
Study in Canada after 12th will give you the necessary drive and motivation to explore working environment prevailing in Canada where you can build your career along with your family.
Canada is a beautiful and diverse country that offers a great lifestyle and high-quality education to students. So, students can continue working in the most attractive places in the world.
There are so many universities in Canada that are globally recognized and offer world-class education to international students in Canada.
Upon consulting from the Study Abroad Expert, your application becomes more effective paving way to successfully study in Canada from India.
Education System in Canada
Education across Canada is generally divided into four stages:
- Also known as elementary school, this level runs from Kindergarten or Grade 1 (ages six to seven) and runs through to Grade 8 (ages 13 to 14).
- The school year normally runs from September through to the following June.
- Also known as high school, this level runs from Grade 9 (ages 14 to 15) to Grade 12 (ages 17 to 18). Ontario has a Grade 12+.
- In Quebec, students attend high school until the age of 16.
- They may then proceed to CEGEP, a publicly-funded two-year college where students may pursue either a university preparation diploma, or a vocational diploma.
- Canada has a wide network of colleges and universities, offering some of the best post-secondary education, and immense post-study experience.
Eligibility Requirements for Canada Student Visa
Understanding the eligibility to Study in Canada is very simple, all you need to do is score good marks in your previous academics and Language Proficiency Tests.
People applying for courses in Canada need the following documents to submit with their application to get admission.
Attested mark certificates of XII class examination.
Copies of English Proficiency Examination (TOEFL/IELTS)and GMAT score.
CBT (Computer Based Test) marks depending on the course.
For a diploma and advanced diploma, you should score 55% of the best four subjects with 6.0 overall IELTS band with 5.5 minimum bands in each. You are allowed a one year study gap if justified.
For a Bachelor’s degree you need have an 80% score with an IELTS score of 6 minimum bands in each.
Common Exams Required:
Top 3-4 Universities preference:
- top 10 Universities in Canada prefer TOEFL IBT >90-100
- The International English Language Testing System (IELTS): 7.5
- The Michigan English Language Assessment Battery (MELAB): 90 with 80 minimum per section including a minimum score Of 3 in the speaking test component.
Intake in Canada
- There are three intakes for students in a year and they are in: January, May and September.
- May has the least intake and September has the maximum intake.
- The January University application should start 1 to 1.5 years in advance as universities close their application 5–6 months prior to intake
- intake for students closes from August to September and the May intake closes from September to November.
- The intake for September closes from December to January.
- Applicants from a university outside Canada in which English is not the primary language of instruction must provide results of an English language proficiency examination as part of their application.
- Tests must have been taken within the last 24 months at the time of submission of the application.
As per the recent news concerning the Canada Student Visa, Quebec’s Minister of Immigration has decided on student program applications as per the public interest. The decision concerns the reception and processing of specific Quebec…
Canada released an important update for the international students looking forward to studying in Canada in the coming year. Earlier, Canada had released a list of the Designated Learning Institutes (DLIs) to welcome international students…
Undoubtedly, Canada is one of the best study destinations globally, and Indian students opt to study in Canada on a large scale. It is a land of opportunities for international students with a warm and…
Students worldwide dream of studying at their favorite destination, and the USA, Canada, Australia, and Europe remain at the top choices. As per the two surveys conducted recently, the prospective students are high in their…
Many international students who apply to study in Canada can face rejection due to various reasons. One of the key reasons for refusal of a visit visa is the candidate’s inability to prove his intent to return to…
With approximately 600,000 international students flocking every year to Canada to explore their career opportunities, no wonder it has emerged as one of the most favorite destination when it comes to studying in diverse educational…